Sydney remains one of my favorite cities to go out at night in, and that is because there is such a great vibe in the air and so many things to choose from. Sydney is a living, breathing city with a nightlife that flows out from the dance clubs and bars into the street and onto the beaches. Here are five of my favorite nightlife spots in Sydney. Check them out next time you are in town.
1) Chinese Laundry – If you are looking for a high caliber clubbing spot, this is it. One of the best clubs in the world, this one attracts international talent, but also showcases local DJs. The cover charge is comparatively high, but with so many floors to choose from with so many different types of music on show, you will be able to keep busy for hours.
2) Goodgod Small Club – If you want to get to know some of the locals, this is one spot you can visit to take in a rather unique setting, enjoy a pint, do some dancing, and get to know the people sitting next to you. The theme of this club is hard to get a direct read on, but the sculpture is a bit stone age in feel. This club is small enough to be intimate, but large enough to attract international artists.
3) Standard Bowl – Looking for something other than dancing? This club/bowling alley is a great way to spend a night out and have a bit of different kind of fun. The club tends to attract live artists, and if you aren’t much for bowling you can also shoot some pool and play pinball. The number of bowling lanes is limited and on display, so be prepared for an audience. Also, if you have your heart set on bowling, you will have to book your lanes.
4) Tokyo Sing Song – It is fair to say that Tokyo Sing Song is pretty indescribable, mostly because it is constantly changing shape. Every month a new curator takes over and sets the stage for the music and entertainment that the club will showcase. One thing remains consistent, it is never boring. They have a great selection of cocktails as well.
5) Earl’s Juke Joint – If you prefer hanging out at a bar and are looking for a slightly older crowd, this is a great place to spend an evening. Enjoy a drink and enjoy the music at this picturesque bar. Consider even grabbing a sandwich while you are at it, if you aren’t coming in for a drink after dinner.