Travel Tips from the Portola Hotel Team
When visiting the Monterey Peninsula and the Portola Hotel & Spa, the possibilities for fun, food, recreation and even relaxation are endless. We recently collected some “insider travel tips” from our team here at the Portola – not only about things to do in and around Monterey, but our favorite tips when travelling by train, plain or automobile.
Take a look and get inspired to begin planning your next Monterey Bay getaway! For our most recent menu of featured specials, promos and packages visit .
• “Put your room number and hotel address in your phone, just in case you forget, or need it for offsite activities and reservations.” – Franco Vasquez, Banquets Department
• “When flying, I always pack a snack and fill my reusable Portola water bottle in the terminal, so I do not have to buy food or a plastic bottle at the airport.” – Paige Ettin, Catering Department
• “Eat like a local! Make sure to enjoy the local flavors of the Monterey Bay. When dining, ask your server about locally sourced ingredients, as well as sustainable seafood options and regional wines and craft brews.” –Kathryn Mercurio, Executive Assistant
• “Make photocopies of important documents or take pictures to store on your cloud server.” – Will Clark, Sales Department
• “Be Flexible with your Itinerary. Don’t try to limit yourself to all the major landmarks, and don’t try do and see everything. It’s not a race. Enjoy the scenery.” – Jessica Varela, Marketing Department
• “When traveling stay hydrated and drinks lots of water. Especially on long flights, it will help get over jet leg and take a picture of the hotel key packet or business card containing the address and phone number. You can reference this information without using WiFi .” – Allison Smith, Reservations Department
When traveling to Monterey be sure to plan ahead! There are so many activities within walking distance to the Portola Hotel & Spa, create a Monterey Bay Bucket List! Check out some of our favorites at our online Area Guide at https://www.portolahotel.com/attractions. Make sure to take advantage of our onsite, 24-hour fitness facility, as well as nearby recreational activities like kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, surf lessons, and more. And then make sure to spoil yourself with a relaxing massage at our very own, Spa on the Plaza !
The post Travel Tips from the Portola Hotel Team appeared first on Portola Hotel & Spa.